Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Little Dog Mickey Finn

I have a wonderful little Bichon Frise.  We named him Mickey Finn but I call him Mickey Mouth because he barks a lot. My wife brushes him, trims him and cleans him. I do my share too. I play with him. We've trained him to pee and poop indoors on a newspaper. It was real easy. The first time he pooped on the floor, I moved the poop onto the newspaper. From that point on, he pooped on the newspaper.  He loves to be petted. He is always looking for attention from me or my wife Joyce.

We have a large crate for him.  We lure him into the crate with a treat and always with a sweet voice. We don't want Mickey Mouth to view the crate as a place of punishment.  There was a time when Mickey had lots of fleas because he is so small, the fleas find it easy to jump on him when he is our in the yard.  For a while I was using the term 'fleabag' when I played with him.

One day Joyce and I were in the bedroom and Joyce called Mickey but Mickey did not come. So I yelled out
"Hey, you old fleabag. Get over here!"  And the dog came running!

No comments: