Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Daily Devotion For A Needy World

Originally published on Yahoo Voices
---
For those who functionality is hindered by daily confusion, I pray that the Lord remove their confusion so they see clearly what life has to offer.

For those who are emotionally disturbed, I pray that the Lord give them relief so they might know love as it truly is.

For those who have problems focusing on their tasks, I pray that the Lord help them focus so their tasks they might complete.

For those who were abused during their childhood, I pray that the Lord give them the truth of his mercy and guide them through life.

For those who abuse others, I pray that the Lord teach them the gentleness of His own hand.

For those who suffer from delusions, I pray that the Lord help them learn the goodness of reality.

For those who suffer from mental illness, I pray that the Lord clear their minds and their hearts.

For those who live in fear, I pray that the Lord whisper the words, "No need to fear for I am by your side."

For those who suffer from bipolar disorder, I pray that the Lord give them the balance of His peace.

For those who do not believe in the Lord, I pray that the Lord reveal Himself to them.

For those whose activities are filled with iniquities, I pray that the Lord guide them back to His grace.

For those who do evil, I pray that the Lord open their hearts to the grace of His goodness.

For those who believe in other gods, I pray that the Lord grant them the knowledge of His glorious Existence.

For those who do not know the Lord, I pray that the Lord open their eyes so they might become accustomed to his light.

For those who suffer from cancer, I pray that the Lord grant them healing to cure body and soul.

For those who suffer from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, I pray that the Lord mend their broken lives and perceptions.

For those who mourn the loss of a loved one, I pray that the Lord give them His comfort and grant them the knowledge that their loved one, in His presence, lives on.

For the world that suffers in hurt, violence and hate; I pray to the Lord that they might know the enormity of His love.

For those who don't understand the plight of the needy, I pray that the Lord soften their hearts, open their minds and give them His compassion for all.



No comments: